HYDERABAD: Police on Tuesday directed the organisers of Khairatabad Ganesh to ensure immersion of the 52-feet tall idol, considered to be the tallest in the state, takes place on the nimajjan day (September 11) itself, instead of the following day as being the practice.
During a meeting between the Hyderabad police and the Khairatabad Ganesh organisers, the officials asked that the idol immersion arrangements begin by 5pm instead of early morning the following day. The existing practice has been severely affecting traffic flow on NTR Marg and its surrounding areas. “A decision was taken to allocate sufficient space specifically for the free movement of the huge Ganesha idol without affecting the immersion procession of others,” assistant commissioner of police V Harshavardhan Raju said.
Last year the immersion process of this Ganesha was completed on the following day afternoon of the nimajjan. Officials said there were some logistical problems that took nearly five hours, which led to delay in the immersion procession. “We do not have any problem if the police insist on early immersion of the idol,” Khairatabad Ganesh Utsav Committee organising secretary S Raj Kumar told TOI.
- For Mahouts & Kavadis, it’s business as usual on Ganesha Festival (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Ganesh Pandals 2011 – Popular Ganapati Pandals 2011 in Mumbai during Ganesh Chaturthi (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Pray to a foot-in-mouth Ganesha (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Pay Homage To Holy Ganesha At Bangalore’s One And Only Dodda Ganesha Temple (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- NGO begins ‘Green Ganesha’ campaign (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Govt goes soft on PoP Ganesha idols this year (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Lord Ganesha Pooja Application (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Jaipur: Sculptors of Lord Ganesh the symbols of knowledge live below the poverty line (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)