The mandal at King’s Circle, richest in city, has insured its pandal, devotees, deity’s ornaments for 15 days with the stupendous amount
After speculation that the insurance cover of Gaud Saraswat Brahman mandal’s Ganesh festivities would cross Rs 50 crore, trustees revealed that the final amount is coming to a whopping Rs 221.7 crore.
Subsequently, the whopping figure is what the city’s richest Ganpati mandal, the GSB Seva Sadan, has opted for, to indemnify its Ganesh celebrations starting September 1.
The components of the insurance are as follows: the amount for the ‘Standard fire and Special Perils with Terrorism’ cover is Rs 1.35 crore.
The public liability, which will insure the mandal members, stands at Rs 20 crore. The all-risk policy includes the gold ornaments, and stands at Rs 18.35 crore.
And finally, the personal accident insurance for devotees, some 1,820 persons, is Rs 10 lakh each, which equals to Rs 182 crore.
Confirming the same, GSB trustee Satish Nayak said, “Four quotations from various companies had come in and New India Assurance bagged the insurance with competitive and attractive incentives.
The insurance is for 15 days starting from August 27.” Last year, the insurance cover of the mandal stood at Rs 49.5 crore, around five times less than this year.
- Ganesh Pandals 2011 – Popular Ganapati Pandals 2011 in Mumbai during Ganesh Chaturthi (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- City will be free of potholes before Ganpati, says mayor (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Pray to a foot-in-mouth Ganesha (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Manuals for Ganesha mandals to help fight terror (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)
- Eco-friendly worship catching on in Ahmedabad (mylordganesha.wordpress.com)